Thursday, September 20, 2012

Brooklyn's first 2 weeks

After the boys left to spend a week with my parents it was very quiet.  It was nice to just spend time with Reed and get to know Brooklyn a little better.  I also got a lot of painting done in the boys' room, which was really nice! 
3 days old and not very happy
3 days old and much happier snuggling with dad.  She looks so tiny!
This is the outfit she came home in.  I forgot to mention earlier that when she was born her left foot was kind of curled in.  The nurse mentioned that it might be club foot but when the pediatrician checked her out she said it was just turned like that from being squished in the uterus and that it would staighten out on its own since it had lots of space now.  

4 days old

6 days old:
Brooklyn's first sponge bath at home:

All clean!  She was a good sport about her bath - no crying.
1 week old and so cute!
8 days old.  I have found that she sleeps better when her head is covered.  I guess she just likes to be really warm.
Big yawn - 10 days old
All dressed up and ready for church with mom - 2 1/2 weeks old:
Brooklyn and her dad taking a Sunday afternoon nap:

Brooklyn had her days and nights mixed up at first.  She slept a lot during the day and then she wanted to stay up all night and eat.  Luckily that only lasted a couple of weeks.
 
When I took Brooklyn in for her 2 week check up she weighed 9 lbs and 2 oz and she was 21 1/4 inches long.  So she gained half a pound and grew 1 and a quarter inches in 2 weeks.  It always amazes me how fast they grow during the first couple of months.  

1 comment:

Lynn said...

So fun dressing baby girls!